3 more days!!

Hello everyone!

First and foremost, if you are currently reading this, I would like to thank you for taking the time to check in on my blog! I hope that I will be able to update this regularly throughout my trip.

Secondly, I hope everyone is doing well and recovering from Hurricane Irene. It may be a good thing that I am leaving the country with all these natural disasters haha ;).

Well, in just 3 short days I will be on a flight to the wonderful country of Spain! I am primarily excited, but as most of you could probably guess, I am a little nervous too. Just the newness of everything and the element of the unknown can be a bit overwhelming, but I know once I get there, many of those nerves will go away quickly.

I am all packed for the most part. I have two large suitcases, both just barely under the 50 lb. weight limit, and a 40 lb. carry on. It was very hard for me to pick and chose what to bring, especially considering the fact that I will need a mixture of Summer and Fall/Winter clothes. Shoes were the hardest thing to pack, considering I could probably (and sometimes do) have a whole suitcase of just shoes alone! haha ūüôā

My flight leaves from Phili at 8:30 Wednesday night. I have a layover in Germany and will arrive in Bilbao on Thursday around 1:15 PM. I think I may be on the same flight as another UMW student, so it will be good to see a familiar face. I will definitely update my Facebook/Blog to let you know when I arrive safely!

I also want to take this opportunity to let all of you know how much I will miss you! To all of my family and friends, I love you and I will do my absolute best to keep in touch. To my friends down at Mary Washington, I miss you guys already! Thank you for a great visit. A special shoutout to¬†my¬†roommates for giving me a place to stay and to¬†all of Class Council for an amazing Glow Zone Dance!¬†Leaving Fredericksburg was very hard, and a few tears were definitely shed. If I didn’t get to see you before I left, I am very sorry, and I can’t wait to see you when I get back!

Last but definitely not least: to my Mom and Dad, thank you so much for all your support! I know I would not be going on this trip if it weren’t for you.¬†Words cannot describe how much I will miss you guys, but all I can say is thank God for Skype and Facebook! To my little brother, Bran, do your homework and study hard! I’ll miss you, and whenever I¬†don’t understand something, I will always¬†remember your favorite¬†Spanish phrase, “No se!” haha. I love you all so much!

That is all for now!
Love, Jen

One Response to “3 more days!!”

1. Sounds like you had a great day! We miss you but it sounds like you have already adjusted! Have fun tonight! We Love You! Mom, Dad and Bran <3